20 tips for a cheaper car insurance
1. Buy on the Internet. Most companies offer discounts for online applications, as this is an automated process that costs them a lot less to process your application; you can usually see discounts of 5% -10%. Click here for an instant online insurance quote
2. Compare. All insurance companies use different formulas to calculate the insurance premium by adding or subtracting money after each question you ask. If you buy, you could get big savings on the insurance premium.
3. Buy additional products. Most insurance companies also offer other insurance products, such as “construction and contents insurance”. Most insurance companies offer additional discounts for the purchase of more than one product, thus saving a fair amount on all insurance premiums. .
4. Pay your insurance premium at a time. By paying the insurance premium in full, you can avoid paying expensive costs of interest that would be added if you pay the insurance premium in this case. Some insurance companies may charge up to a maximum of 15% of APR in installments. You can also receive a discount to pay in full. If you can not fully pay the interest rate on a small loan, you can still save some money. Complete an online loan application.
5. Increase your voluntary excess. Your excess is the amount paid by you in the event of a claim, increasing this, your insurance company should reduce the premium.
6. Reduce your annual mileage. By reducing your annual mileage you can reduce your premium, most insurance companies quote you about 12,000 miles a year. Try and calculate the number of miles you will make if it is likely to be lower, you can get a discount Be honest about it, as your insurance company may request to see the old MOT’s and service history to check your mileage in case of accident.
7. Have an alarm, immobilizer or tracker installed. Theft to and from your vehicle plays an important role in the calculation of your insurance premium. Having an alarm or immobilizer installed will give you a small discount on your premium and having a tracker equipped could save you money
8. Perform the advanced driving test. Passing the advanced driving test will show your insurance company that you have additional skills while driving and less likely to be involved in an accident.
9. Do not increase the value of your car. Adding an extra value to your car when you request your insurance quote will not help you, as well as increasing the premium. If you are robbed or canceled, you will only be paid for the market value of your car at the time of the accident.
10. Search for your rating. Insurance companies are now evaluating your credit score as part of the insurance premium calculation. Maintaining a good credit rating could prevent unnecessary additions to your premium.
11. Make sure your car is a third party. The third part is the minimum coverage that must have by law, it is also the cheapest. If your vehicle has a low value, you may consider this type of coverage. You should remember that with this type of coverage, if you had an accident, any damage to your vehicle would not be covered for repair.
12. Keep a clean license. Insurance companies take driving convictions very seriously and can drastically increase the car insurance premium while maintaining a clean license to demonstrate that insurance is a safe and caring driver.
13. Remove the unnecessary drivers. If you have a young driver on the insurance policy that no longer uses the vehicle, you must eliminate them, as this would reduce your premium.
14. Young drivers add a previous driver. Some insurance companies will reduce the premiums of young drivers if they have a driver with a previous name on insurance.
15. Collect your unpretentious discount One of the biggest factors affecting your car insurance premium is the number of unpaid discount years. You could receive up to 75% off for about 5 years without requests. More years you will be free to claim for the safer driver that your insurance company will see.
16. Protect your discount without compensation claims. Even if this increases your insurance premium if you have many years without complaints, you may want to protect it because a small claim can increase your premium up to 75%.
17. Buy a car from the lowest insurance group. A very important factor for your insurance premium is which car you drive. Most insurance companies adopt the British Insurance Group classification. This classifies vehicles from 1 to 20 in general, the greater the group, the greater the premium. When buying a car with a lower group rating it is possible to lower the premium especially for young or inexperienced drivers.
18. Join a car club. If your vehicle is a classic or a specialist, consider joining a club related to your car. Most clubs offer insurance plans with very advantageous rates.
19. Put your spouse as a named driver. Some insurance companies offer discounts when adding a spouse as a named driver instead of unmarried couples, see marriage as a sign of stability and stability associated with safe driving and to give him a discount.
20. Take the plus. If you are a new driver, consider your plus pass. Some insurance companies could give you a discount of up to 25% and when you have just passed the test and you have no claim, this could result in significant savings.